Monday, February 23, 2009

7 Ways to Keep Moving Forward




The news is so negative every day. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever pull out of this slump. How will this economic disaster change my life in the future? What do I need to do everyday to position myself for the changes ahead? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?


Now is the time you have to adjust to the changes ahead of you. The market will change. Don’t focus on the negative news but instead imagine what the future will look like. The way we do business will change. We can’t assume that anything will be the same when we get to the end of the tunnel.

Seven ways I am positioning myself for the market changes and keep moving forward.

  1. Reading books including “The Power of Who,” “Outliers,” and “What Would Google Do?”
  2. Updating and cleaning up my databases. Where is everyone I know?
  3. Deciding what kind of business I want to attract.
  4. Getting connected online with my friends, clients, family, others with Facebook, Twitter, and Linked In.
  5. Writing more on my blogs.
  6. Making sure that I get enough sleep and exercise.
  7. Having other interests and passions.

I have to wake up in the morning and make a conscious decision to focus on these seven ways to weather the storm.